Saturday, 5 December 2020
MAGGIE SAYS BACK OUR HIGHSTREETS THIS CHRISTMAS
Thursday, 3 December 2020
TAXI DRIVER STABBED IN STAPLEFORD
Excellent tracking work by a
police dog and handler led to the swift arrest of a suspect in connection with
a knife-point robbery in Stapleford. Nottinghamshire Police received a report
that a taxi driver had been stabbed to his body during a robbery in Melbourne
Road just after 1am on Thursday 3rd December. His injuries are not currently
believed to be life-threatening. A quantity of cash was stolen from the victim
before the suspect fled on foot.
Officers quickly responded to
the report and a police dog and handler tracked a suspect to nearby flats.
Following enquiries made at the scene entry was gained to a flat and a
34-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of robbery. He remains in custody.
Detectives are continuing
with their enquiries and an area has been cordoned off while their
investigation continues. Detective Sergeant Luke Todd, of Nottinghamshire
Police, said: "Our investigation is still in its early stages and we
are working hard to understand the full circumstances of this incident. Whilst
we have already made an arrest in connection with this serious incident, we
would still like to hear from anyone who saw anything suspicious, any drivers
who may have recorded dash-cam footage or anyone who might have any information
which could help us. Your piece of information, no matter how small you think
it is, could be the vital part of the jigsaw. I'd also like to reassure local residents
that the force takes all reports of knife-related offences extremely seriously.
We understand that incidents like this can be concerning for communities and if
you have any concerns please do not hesitate to speak to one of our local
officers in the area."
Anyone who has any
information about the incident is urged to call Nottinghamshire Police on 101,
quoting incident number 23 of 3 December 2020, or Crimestoppers anonymously on
0800 555 111.
Incident Number: 0023_03122020
Tuesday, 1 December 2020
MAN CHARGED WITH FIREARM OFFENCE
A 23-year-old man has been charged with a firearm offence following an incident in Stapleford last month, which saw a man hospitalised. Jordan Wright of Lawrence Avenue in Stapleford has been charged with section 18 wounding and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life. He has been remanded into custody and will be appearing at Nottingham Magistrates Court on Wednesday morning 2nd December.
The charge relates to an
incident near to Hickings Park in Stapleford which saw a 23-year-old man being
shot in the arm on the night of Wednesday 18th November. The victim was taken
to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries and has since been discharged. Previously,
two men both aged 21, were arrested on suspicion of the same offence and
released on bail. Meanwhile an 18-year-old man was arrested on Saturday on
suspicion of attempted murder. He has also been released on bail.
A 58-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and is currently on police bail. Detective Sergeant Charlotte Henson, of Nottinghamshire Police, said: "We understand that this incident came as a shock to local residents and would like to thank them for their ongoing cooperation and patience during our investigation. We’ve been working tirelessly since the incidents to get to the bottom of what happened here. The use of firearms on our streets is completely unacceptable and we will always do everything we can to find those responsible. Nottinghamshire Police takes the use of illegal firearms extremely seriously and local people can rest assured that we will leave no stone unturned in this investigation."
Friday, 27 November 2020
DRINK AND DRUG DRIVING CRACK DOWN
Throughout December, Derbyshire
Constabulary and Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service will be working together
to tackle those who take to the roads whilst under the influence of drink and
drugs.
During last year’s national
operation, which took place over a two-week period in December, 3,231 motorists
failed or refused to provide a sample. In addition, 1,175 drivers failed a
roadside drug test.
In Derbyshire over the last
three-years, we have recorded 351 collisions, where one or more driver was
impaired with alcohol or drugs. These resulted in causing 386 injured
casualties, with 105 being seriously injured and 23 persons were, sadly, killed
in these tragic events.
The year 2020 has been a year
like no other, and police and fire colleagues are preparing themselves to cope
with unusual circumstances this month. Traditionally, the Christmas party
season is spread out, starting in mid-November and continuing to the big day
itself. This is not the case this year, and with restrictions still being in
place, there are concerns that people will get carried away and have one drink
too many at home.
It is feared that this could
result in a higher number of drink and drug driving offences being committed
this festive season, despite the tiered restrictions that are still in place.
Seen someone drink driving?
Crime Stoppers are offering a reward of up to £1000 if you
can provide information on a drink or drug driver, which leads to the arrest of
one or more individuals resulting in them being formally charged.
Your anonymity is 100% guaranteed. To report an incident please contact them, via their online form at https://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information/forms/give-information-anonymously or over the phone on 0800 555 111.
Thursday, 26 November 2020
CHRISTMAS PARKING
Erewash Borough Council will provide free parking in all of its car parks, with the exception of Long Eaton Railway Station, on every Monday and Tuesday in December. From Monday 7th December to Tuesday 29th December the council’s car parks will be free after 10am. This will apply on:
Councillor Michael Powell, Erewash Borough Council’s Lead Member for Regeneration and Planning, says: “We are pleased to be able to offer some seasonal free parking in the borough this year. It has been a tough year for everybody but we will continue to strive to support our town centres, especially during these difficult times.”
Normal parking charges will resume from Monday 4th January. All of the council’s car parks are part of the scheme, with the exception of the commuter car park at Long Eaton Railway Station. Ilkeston Railway Station car park is not owned by the council.
