Two people have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following what police believe was a targeted attack. Nottinghamshire Police received a report that a 16-year-old boy had been stabbed just before 5.30am on Saturday 26th December. Officers were quickly on the scene of the incident in Hickings Lane in Stapleford. The boy was taken to hospital with serious injuries. A 20-year-old man and a 25-year-old woman have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder. Detective Inspector Ed Cook, of Nottinghamshire Police, said: “I understand the concern an incident such as this one can cause in the community. Our investigation into what happened is well under way and we believe those involved were known to each other and that there was no risk to the wider public. Officers were quickly on the scene and we have two people in custody. We are not currently looking for anyone else in connection with the incident. To further reassure local people we have increased patrols in the area and I would encourage anyone who has questions to come and speak to one of our officers.”Anyone who has information about what happened should call Nottinghamshire Police on 101, quoting incident number 94 of 26 December.
Sunday, 27 December 2020
Thursday, 24 December 2020
DISTRACTION BURGLARIES
Officers investigating a series of distraction burglaries in Ilkeston and Sandiacre want to speak to this man in relation to the incidents. The series of crimes, which has 25 victims, is believed to have begun in September and are being linked by officers. In each of the crimes the man, who is said to speak with a local accent, knocks on the door giving a story about needing money – he has then entered some of the homes uninvited and stolen money.
The man is targeting elderly victims, with the two oldest women in their 90s. Officers are appealing for information about the man pictured who was seen in the area of a number of the incidents in the series. They are also appealing on friends and family of elderly and vulnerable people to remind them of safety messaging around answering the door to strangers.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact
Derbyshire police using any of the below methods, including reference
20*616474:
·
Facebook – send us a private message to
/DerbyshireConstabulary
·
Twitter –
direct message our contact centre on @DerPolContact
·
Website –
complete the online contact form derbyshire.police.uk/Contact-Us.
·
Phone – call us on 101.
Wednesday, 23 December 2020
VACCINATIONS BEGIN IN LONG EATON
Monday, 21 December 2020
SAWLEY COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION GET £1000
Derbyshire County Councillor for Sawley, Cllr Kewal Singh Athwal was requested for a financial grant assistance to purchase a new cooker for the Sawley Community Hall based on Draycott Road in Sawley. This hall was built in 1958 in memory of local servicemen who gave their lives in the 1st and 2nd world wars and it is widely used by many local organisations, along with individuals living in the Sawley area.
Mark Williams, Chairman of Sawley Community Association said;
“On behalf of the Association I would like to thank Cllr Athwal for the £1000 grant, it is much appreciated and will allow us to replace our existing cooker which has been well used over the years. The Sawley Before and After Club use the cooker daily providing meals for children, additionally we have several groups who make use of it on a regular basis including as diverse a selection as the Association warming up mince pies for the Salvation Army Carol Service, the parents making treats for the children’s birthday parties, and even families preparing food for Wedding receptions.”
Councillor
Kewal Singh Athwal said:
“I am
aware that this community asset is well used by our local residents for many
different types of activities and I am very pleased to have been able to assist
with a grant funding of £1000 from the DCC Members Leadership Scheme.”
Sunday, 20 December 2020
LONG EATON UNITED REACH FOURTH ROUND IN THE FA VASE
BY ROB MCNEIL
Long Eaton United will face Hellenic Football League Premier
Division side Westfields FC at Grange Park in the Buildbase FA Vase Fourth
Round Proper.
The Hellenic Football League side
overcame Nottinghamshire based step six side Radford FC in the previous round
of the Vase. Fields walked away from the HBW Arena as 5-0 victors, thanks to
goals from Sirdic Grant, Keanu Cooper, Henry Dyde, and a brace from Richard
Greaves. The Blues earned their spot in the Fourth Round Proper, after beating
Hanley Town 2-0 at the weekend. A poachers goal from Alex Marshall, and an
unbelievable byline half-volley from Jamie Walker, put the 2020 Blues squad in
the history books - taking Long Eaton into the Fourth Round of the FA Vase for
the first time in the clubs' history. Both sides have only ever met in the FA
Vase once before, back in 2004/05 when the Blues travelled to Herefordshire and
beat the Fields 2-1 to take them into the Second Round. The winner of this tie
will set a new record for the furthest point they have reached in this
competition. Grange Park is expected to play host to the cup tie on Saturday
9th January 2021 with a 3.00 pm kick-off.



