Thursday 9 April 2020

LONG EATON DAD TO RUN LOCKDOWN HALF MARATHON


A Long Eaton dad plans to run a half marathon for charity after the London Marathon was postponed. Sales manager Pete Collins, 35, of Charlton Avenue has got the whole neighbourhood involved and hopes to raise more than £1,500.
The run will take place at 9am on Saturday April 11th on Charlton Avenue, Long Eaton. Pete said: I should have been running the London Marathon on April 26th but with its postponement due to the current Corona Virus situation and the subsequent lockdown we have all been placed in, this will now not happen.
I have come up with the idea of running a minimum of a half marathon (13.1 Miles) up and down my street (Charlton Avenue, Long Eaton, Derbyshire) on Saturday 11th April. This equates to running the length of my street approximately 110 times to complete the minimum distance.
I am fundraising for two charities, the first being the Motor Neurone Disease Association, for whom I should have been running the London Marathon for and to which I lost my Father and Aunty too. The second charity is Cancer Research UK. Since the lockdown, our street has become closer as a community and as such, we have a number of residents who have been affected by cancer, some of whom are currently directly affected and undergoing treatment.

To help Pete raise the money click here

No comments:

Post a Comment