A framed photograph of the opening of the Long Eaton Conservative Club in Regent Street on the 11th October 1887 was donated by Mrs Passey of Long Eaton from her late father, a life member of the Club, to the local Erewash Conservative Office in Long Eaton. Pictured receiving the framed photo is L to R, Mr Shaun Burton – Long Eaton Branch Membership Secretary, Mrs Passey, Cllr Bryn Lewis, Chairman of the Branch and lead member for town centres of the Erewash Borough Council and Mrs Kathleen Makin Treasurer of the Long Eaton Branch. The Long Eaton Conservative Cub, which is pictured being opened by the Rt Hon Lord Codogan, was taken over in 1990s by Brennans which continued to be a local hostelry for the town until very recently and the building is currently being converted into flats. Anyone who has any memories or stories they would like to share of the Long Eaton Conservative Club, please contact June c/o Erewash Conservative Association, 2 Huss`s Lane, Long Eaton NG10 1GS, they would be most welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment